As part of its ongoing development and growth, Empowered is looking to add an additional IT/Networking experienced Project Manager to its PM team. The Project Manager is responsible for delivering agreed outcomes from projects using appropriate management techniques, collaboration, leadership, and governance.
The Project Manager’s responsibilities also include an understanding of project goals, deadlines, and financial project budgets to ensure the ongoing smooth delivery and maintenance of stakeholder relationships, SLAs, and commercials.
The Empowered Project Management Team is the central point of the delivery arm of Empowered. Working with stakeholders in Sales, Operations, Technical Delivery as well as Empowered’s clients, the Project Team is responsible for the successful delivery of all projects, both internally and externally.
- Selecting techniques and lifecycle models based on the context of the project.
- Establishing team structures and a collaborative working environment.
- Communicating with stakeholders and agreeing business requirements, and translation of requirements into operational plans.
- Managing regular stakeholder meetings, as well as weekly and monthly service reviews.
- Using visual techniques for project tracking and reporting, chasing information as required and challenging the quality of the constituent data.
- Developing best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Defining deliverables, milestones, and dependencies.
- Acquiring the necessary resources and skills.
- Maintaining a tight focus on our key SLAs on the contract and ensuring they are met.
- Applying change control and risk management processes.
- Managing interdependencies in support of specific business strategies and objectives.
- Agreeing and monitoring constraints of cost, timescales, quality, and scope and ensuring that project budgets planning, and forecasting is actively managed.
- Reviewing experiences and learning from current and previous projects.
- Ensuring risks and issues within the project/programme are proactively managed, prioritised, logged and are dealt with at an appropriate level.
- Maintaining a master document library to ensure all documentation on the project is current.
- Ensuring that projects are formally closed and reviewed.
- Any additional duties required to perform the Project Manager role.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of business operations and processes, including SLAs and targets.
- Demonstrable technical experience in Networks, Wireless, Voice, Data, UC.
- Knowledge and experience of change and incident control.
- Strong relationship-building skills amongst the client community.
- Excellent stakeholder management and engagement skills, coupled with assertiveness and gravitas to bring positive impact to meetings and conference calls.
- Advanced skills in in MS Project, Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Prince2 and ITIL certification highly desirable.
- A confident, professional, and dynamic manner.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Articulate with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Diligent with a strong attention to detail.
- Highly resilient.
- Methodical but able to adapt and quickly change priorities.
- A degree-level education (or equivalent).
Home-based with one day every fortnight working from our office in Dunstable as standard for collaborative team sessions.
Apply for this position
* required field